- Member Since: 2005-10-08
- Relationship Status: i'm the Little Dark Poet
- Religion: Agnostic
- Drink: Yes
- Smoke: No
- Children: Undecided
- Education: Grad / Professional School
- Occupation: Development Coordinator/Fundraiser
White Panther Party 10-Point Program [circa 1968]
1. Full endorsement and support of Black Panther Party's 10-Point Program
2. Total assault on the culture by any means necessary, including rock n' roll, dope and fucking in the streets.
3. Free exchange of energy and materials -we demand the end of money!
4. Free food, clothes, housing, dope, music, bodies, medical care - everything free for everybody!
5. Free access to information media -free the technology from the greed creeps!
6. Free time and space for all humans -dissolve all unnatural boundaries.
7. Free all schools and all structures from corporate rule - turn the buildings over to the people at once!
8. Free all prisoners everywhere - they are our brothers.
9. Free all soldiers at once - no more conscripted armies.
10. Free the people from their "leaders" - leaders suck - all power to all the people freedom means free everyone !
anarchism, radicalism, counterculture, love. music, art, architecture, cinema, independent media, baseball, consciousness expansion, the "'cruise, ' + 'avoiding and demolishing the anti-cruise, '" humor, speaking truth to power, "Ready Made" interior design, hot springs, thrifting, bohemianism, slacking.
Radiohead, Love, The Stooges, Neil Young, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The MC5, David Bowie, The Ramones, Joe Strummer, Phil Ochs, David Rovics, The Beatles, The Who, (early vintage) & other British Invasion bands, The Velvet Underground, Jello Biafra/DK, Carla Bozulich, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Saul Williams, Le Tigre, XTC, Kissing Tigers, The Damned, The Coup, Patti Smith, Tom Brosseau, Angela Correa, Les Shelleys, film scores, The Weakerthans, Blur, Throw Rag, World/Inferno Friendship Society, Anton Barbeau, Oso, Alpha Betty, Groovie Ghoulies, The Wades.
Apocalypse Now, Together, (Tillsammans), Pippi Longstocking, Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story, Velvet Goldmine, Tribulation 99, Repo Man, Do the Right Thing, Dead Man, Ghost Dog, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, (1978), 28 Days Later, Land of the Dead, Trainspotting, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, Paradise Lost 2: Revelations, The Wicker Man, Slacker, School of Rock, The Bad News Bears, (1976), The Big Lebowski, Mullholland Drive, Lost Highway, Double Indemnity, The Postman Always Rings Twice, (1946) and other post-WWII noir films, Kiss Me Deadly, Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Afro-Punk: The 'Rock n Roll N****r' Experience, Another State of Mind, End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones, The Filth and the Fury, The MC5: A True Testimonial, Henry Fool, Chung King Express, Boogie Nights, Office Space, Wet Hot American Summer, Cecil B. Demented, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, 8 1/2, I Heart Huckabees, Three Kings, The Cruise.
Favorite TV Shows:
What about radio? Hmm... Here goes, Mr. Show with Bob and David, The Kids in the Hall, SCTV, The State, Twin Peaks, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Star Trek, (1960s series), practically anything in technicolor from the 1960s, Pee Wee's Playhouse, The White Shadow, Bill Hicks, (HBO specials), Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill, The Office, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. On TV & Radio: Democracy Now!, Third World News Review (Santa Barbara community access). On Radio Only: This American Life, The Freak Power Ticket.
Howl and Other Poems, The Crying of Lot 49, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Vineland, Ulysses, Invisible Man, (Ralph Ellison), The Canterbury Tales, Dishwasher zine, Subculture: The Meaning of Style, City of Quartz: Excavating the Future in Los Angeles.